Artistic works inspired by the Stafford experience—scenes, sites, and people.
Click here for the list of accepted works. See winners below.
Show Schedule and 2017 Winners | Location | Details
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 show!
Best in Show
Drawing, Susan Garnett, Refuge from the Storm (seen right)
Computer Generated Art
- 1st Place: Maura Harrison, Corinne's Dream; Belmont
- 2nd Place: Carolyn Beever, To His Glory - Andrew Chapel
- 3rd Place: Carolyn Beever, By the River - Conway House
- Honorable Mention: Carolyn Beever, In the Shadows of History
- Honorable Mention: Maura Harrison, Windows and Crosses (Aquia Episcopal Church)
- 1st Place: Susan Garnett, Refuge from the Storm
- 2nd Place: Susan Garnett, Caretaker Cottage - Belmont
- 3rd Place: Charlotte Burrill, If Catalpa Could Talk
- Honorable Mention: Katana Lippart, No Place On Courthouse
- Honorable Mention: Rhonda Glover, Sunday Morning at Golgotha Baptist Church
- 1st Place: Susan Garnett, Stafford 11-0
- 1st Place: Ariel Freeman, Watching Over Chatham
- 2nd Place: Susan Garnett, Falmouth High Road-Low Road
- 3rd Place: William F. Richardson, Crows Nest Sunset
- Honorable Mention: Sue Henderson, Melcher's Gardener
- Honorable Mention: Charlotte Burrill, Nature Charms Us
- 1st Place: Penny Parrish, Ferry Farm Rising
- 2nd Place: Penny Parrish, Golden Days: Sullivan Farm
- 3rd Place: Annie Schmidt, Trainbridge - Aquia Creek
- Honorable Mention: Lori Pikkaart, Abel Lake Waterfall
- Honorable Mention: Dawn Whitmore, Chatham in the Center
- Honorable Mention: Dawn Whitmore, Chatham Manor One
- Honorable Mention: Maura Harrison, Wrought; Belmont
Browse the winning works!
Attention Artists! When to pick up exhibited art work . . .
- Tuesday, September 5, 9:00–9:00
- Wednesday, September 6, 9:00–9:00
2001 Parkway Boulevard
Stafford, VA 22554
The entry form and extra labels for the back of your entries can be downloaded here.
Exhibition Juror & Judge, Janet Payne
BFA, M.Ed, art educator, Fine Arts Coordinator for Stafford County Schools for 18 years, adjunct faculty at several Virginia universities, and appointee to the Virginia Commission for the Arts by Governor L. Douglas Wilder.
- All artists (ages 18 and up) are invited to apply.
- Artistic works must be inspired by the Stafford experience—scenes, sites, and people.
- Entries must be original and completed in the last five years. No repeat entries, please.
- Works must be framed and ready to hang with two hooks or screw-eyes for wire attachment.
- Please slide metal hooks to the top of metal frames, and put screw eyes 2” from top on wooden frames.
- Frame size must be no smaller than 11” x 14” and no larger than 48” x 36”.
- Please email with framing or size questions.
- No gallery clips.
All work must be for sale, priced to reflect a 20% commission. Buyers make checks payable to CRRL.
- $25 for first piece, $10 for each additional piece.
- Artists make checks payable to CRRL.
- Painting (acrylic, oil, watercolor)
- Drawing/Printmaking (charcoal, pastel, pen and ink, pencil)
- Computer Generated Art
- Mixed Media
We are sorry, but we cannot accept 3-dimensional work.
Cash Awards, Generously donated by the Friends of the Library
- Best in Show: $1,000
- First Place: $500
- Second Place: $250
- Third Place: $175
- Honorable Mention: $100
Prizes awarded in each category.
Questions & Information:
Anna Lowry: email@example.com